Monday, August 20, 2012

Two years!


I know I always say, "I can't believe it's been so long since ______," with regard to our life with E, but really? Two years? It's been two years since we first met him?! Wow. What an emotional day that was! And what a blessing to have our adoption family - our travel group - in the "birthing room" with us. We really had no idea what lasting friendships would be forged through our time together in Ethiopia, but honestly I am so sad that they will not all be with us for our trips for kiddo #2! 

Anyway, we didn't really celebrate because we're going to do that this weekend for the anniversary of his homecoming, but it's been such a great two years. I just reread the post I wrote about that day and started crying at the final paragraph: 
This afternoon we will go back to the Holt office to fill out some government forms, and then we get to see our babies again for longer this time. I can't wait. I hope we get him to give us a real smile this time. We got a little one earlier. I can't wait till he's home and he's cracking up on the trampoline with his daddy, or giggling because Nala licked his nose, or Boppa or Uncle Seth are throwing him up in the air. Soon.
All those things have happened so many times that now we take them all for granted; in fact, as I was rereading it, our new dog, Daisy, was licking E and he was cracking up because of it.

Praise God for His faithfulness and goodness to our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment