E and I just spent six days with friends on Oahu, Hawaii! We were gone from April 26-May 2. It was amazing! We traveled with Isaac's sister and my great friend, Melody, and we stayed with a dear family who used to live here in FL. We got to snorkel, hike, swim under a waterfall, go to Pearl Harbor, attend a luau, and of course go to the beach! And we had lots of great time talking and being with our friends. There's way too much to write - no one would read it all - so let me just share some pictures.

Our friends greeted us with wonderful-smelling leis at the airport. E isn't sure about this whole shaka thing.
Lanikai Beach on the windward side of Oahu has been repeatedly rated one of the prettiest beaches in the USA. I agree.
Seeing these trees all over made me happy, because the only other place I've seen them is in Ethiopia.
We were in Waikiki for Spam Jam. This was a person dressed up like a giant can of Spam, dancing to music from the Air Force Band. Mm-hmm.
Going over to the USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor. What a beautiful memorial for the men who lost their lives in the service of our country. Actually, the whole Pearl Harbor memorial was just beautifully done. I'm very thankful to have been there. Having my 4-year-old ask me why those guys killed all those guys was interesting though. Heh.
E and his buddy Judah, whom we miss very much. I think E couldn't have cared less about the cool stuff we did in Hawaii, although he enjoyed it, because the best part of it for him was hanging out with Judah. Dear Pendle-fam, we miss you!
.jpg)
Great pictures!!
ReplyDelete