State of FL background check paperwork has been mailed in. We need to take a notary with us to the nearby police station to get county background checks. I don't think we need to do the IL, NY, and CT checks again since they already have that info, so at least that's something. I also ordered multiple birth certificates and marriage certificates a few months ago.
I need to remember to get everything together to finally mail in the stuff to get E's Certificate of Citizenship. Hmm. Now that I think about that, I hope we don't have to wait for that to complete our dossier. Oh, well. Like I've said before, little annoying delays like that don't bother me too much this time, because we had several of them last time and we still clearly ended up with a kid who belongs with us.
Anyway. I'll keep you posted as the stress starts to bear down on me!
Good luck!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm a notary now ;)
Yay!!! I'm glad you've started the process again!! :D
ReplyDeleteSheesh...it really seems like it ought to be easier the second time around. But as Katharine says, that would be earth logic. :)
ReplyDeleteThat is super exciting!!! And so it begins!!!:)
ReplyDelete