Well, that was a first. Today at the park a young couple asked if E was my baby. I assumed they were merely asking if he was my son instead of just being a babysitter or something, so I said yes. They said, "We thought so! He looks like you!" I laughed. They said, "No, really! In the face. He does." I said (not sarcastically), "Well, that is awesome, because he's adorable... and adopted." They were surprised! Ha! I told them that a few people have said he looks like my husband, but they were the first to see any supposed resemblance with me.
So there you have it: my Ethiopian-born son looks like me. I'm cool with that. =o)
I think I count as a friend of a friend of my sister (or something) and this is my first comment here, but I had to laugh at this post because our adopted middle son, Z, is bi-racial black/white, while I'm mostly Scandanavian-white and one day while on the train in Boston, a very brown-skinned woman told me how much my son looked like me. I responded with a laugh and said, "It's all in the attitude, trust me." And she insisted that he looked a lot like me. I pointed to my mostly English-white husband sitting across the aisle and said, "Well, there's his dad." She responded, "It's clear he takes after you." Like you, I'm cool with that. :) Since then, we've had numerous people tell us how each of our five children look like one or both of us ... I find it funny how God worked that out since all of our children have had different birthparent-sets.
ReplyDeleteThat's great! :D
ReplyDeleteI seriously think it's funny how a lot of adopted kids DO start to look like their parents after a while!!
ReplyDelete